- Prospective students should apply in the early part of their
Senior year and should identify on their application form the
name(s) of one or more faculty members in the Group with whom
they would like to work. Applicants are encouraged to make early
contact with these faculty members regarding research opportunities.
- Formal course work should be completed during the first two
- The dissertation research adviser must be selected by the end
of the Spring semester of the first year of study.
- The Oral Qualifying Examination should be taken by the end of
the second year.
- The advancement to candidacy application should be filed by
the student immediately following successful completion of the
Oral Qualifying Examination.
- The dissertation is to be in final form by the date specified
by the Graduate Division.
- Normative Time for completion of the program is 5 years.