Advancement to Candidacy

Once the Oral Qualifying Examination has been passed, the student must file an application, properly approved by the Graduate Advisor, for Advancement to Candidacy for the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy. It should be filed with the Dean of the Graduate Division by the end of the semester following the one in which the Qualifying Examination is taken. Completion of the Ph.D. degree requires a minimum of two semesters of residency after Advancement to Candidacy for the degree.

  Copyright 2001 UC Regents. All rights reserved.